A couple of weeks ago, a group of us were having brunch when someone brought up the subject of “chub rub”. It’s when your thighs rub together and the friction causes such a burning sensation that you think you’re on fire. And, it’s not just your thighs. It can also happen on your inner arms. The unavoidable chafing makes moving around unbearable.
I could tell by the some of the looks at the table that it wasn’t a topic that everyone was comfortable discussing. I know it’s a pretty personal issue, but so many women suffer in silence, and you shouldn’t have to suffer alone. It’s not even a weight thing because even the thinner girls had issues with rubbing.
We ended up having a great discussion about products that helps alleviate the chaffing. I shared some of my favorite products and learned of a few new ones to try.
Here are my favorites and the ones I’ve used:
- Bodyglide for Her Anti-Chafing Stick – Looks like a deodorant stick. It’s great for all day protection and has never let me down.
- Monistat Sooth Care Powder Gel – Only used this a couple times, but had good success with it. It’s a bit pricey.
- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly – Cheap and it works, but can be a bit messy.
- Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel – It’s very similar to the Monistat.
Here are the products that were new to me:
- Chafe-Away Medicated Healing Balm – My friend loves it and swears by it.
- Spanx Simplicty Girl Shaper Shorts – Great to wear under skirts and dresses. I’m definitely giving these a try.
- Gold Bond Friction Defense Stick (unscented) – Sounds like the same as the Bodyglide for Her, but a few dollars cheaper. Willing to give it a try and maybe save a few bucks.
I wanted to let our Curvy Angle blog readers know that none of the products listed were give to me or my friends to try. This is purely women telling other women what they’ve tried and what works for them.
Return to the Curvy Angle blog for plus size women.